The Catalyst is the sustainable canoe paddle, made by hand-laying first quality wood scraps, dedicated to the reuse of excess materials.
- Handcrafted from a combination of basswood, roasted basswood, red alder, and maple remnants from our first quality paddles
- $5 from every paddle sold will be donated to American Rivers non-profit
- The construction of the wood remnants means each blade layout is slightly unique
- At 24 oz., the Catalyst is day trip ready and ideal for flatwater.
- Designed for comfort with an ovalized shaft and a freestyle palm grip, this lightweight paddle will stand up to hours of paddling.
- The Catalyst exceeds Bending Branches' strength testing standards with full Rockgard® coverage and a 4 oz. fiberglass wrap.
Shaft Material: Solid Basswood
Blade Material: A combination of Basswood, Red Alder, Maple, and Roasted Basswood
Blade Size: 8.1 x 19 in. (21 x 48 cm.)
Blade Surface Area: 118 sq. in. (761 sq. cm.)
Grip Type: Freestyle Palm Grip
Weight: 24 oz. (680 g)